Alexandros Koulis, Lecturer
Ionian University, Department of Regional Development
Dr. Alexandros Koulis is currently a Lecturer at the Ionian University of Greece, Department of Regional Development. He studied Applied Economics & Finance at the Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece (MSc,) and Mathematics at the University of Patras, Greece (BSc). He also holds a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Central Greece. He has taught both at the undergraduate and at the postgraduate level at the Hellenic Open University and at the Technological Institute of Crete, Greece.
He has worked as Head of Investment Strategy at Magna Trust Securities, Index Securities and Troilos Securities for over fifteen years in total.
His research interests are in the areas of financial analysis, international stock markets, derivatives, portfolio allocation and econometrics.
Finally, he is certified as Portfolio Manager from Hellenic and Cyprus Capital Market Commission.
Peer reviewed Scientific Journals
- Fassas A., Papadamou S., Koulis, A . (2020). Price Discovery in Bitcoin Futures. Research in International Business and Finance, 101116.
- Beneki, Ch., Koulis, A., Kyriazis, N., & Papadamou, S. (2019). Investigating Volatility Transmission and Hedging Properties between Bitcoin and Ethereum. Research in International Business and Finance, 48, 219-227.
- Koulis, A., Kaimakamis, G., & Beneki, C. (2018). Hedging effectiveness for international index futures markets. Economics and Business, 32(1), 149-159.
- Kiriakopoulos, K., & Koulis, A. (2014). Risk management of interest rate derivative portfolios: A stochastic control approach. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 7(4), 130-149.
- Thanos, G. A., Vrachopoulos, M. G., Koukou, M. K., Kakouris, A. P., Koulis, A., & Thanos, A. (2012). Residence site selection in urban and rural areas in Greece: a multiple-criteria decision analysis approach. International Journal of Applied Management Science, 9, 4(1), 36-51.
- Koulis, A., Botsaris, C., Adam, M., & Beneki, C. (2011). An assessment of the performance of Greek mutual equity funds selectivity and market timing. Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 5, 2011, no. 4, pp 159-171.
- Mavralexakis, T., Kiriakopoulos, K., Kaimakamis, G., & Koulis, A. (2011). A comparison of minimum risk portfolios under the credit crunch crisis. Journal of Mathematical Finance, 1(02), 34.
- A. Αρβανιτογεώργος , Γ. Καϊμακάμης και Α. Κούλης. (2008) “Οριζόντιες συγχωνεύσεις επιχειρήσεων σε υπόδειγμα ολιγοπωλίου Bertrand”. Μαθηματική Επιθεώρηση, Ελληνική Μαθηματική Εταιρεία 69 – 54-63.