Christina Bampatsou, Assistant Professor
Ionian University, Department of Regional Development
Dr. Christina Bampatsou is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Regional Development of the Ionian University. She is an economist who has graduated from the Department of Public Administration at Panteion University (Greece). She holds an M.Sc in Economics from the University of Macedonia (Greece) and a PhD in the field of Environmental Economics from Democritus University of Thrace, (Greece). Her research interests are in the fields of Applied Microeconomics and Environmental and Resource Economics. She focuses on efficiency approaches for sustainability across all three pillars of environment, society and economy.
Peer Reviewed Scientific Journals
- Bampatsou, C., Halkos, G. & Astara, O. (2020), Composite indicators in evaluating tourism performance and seasonality. Operational Research.
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12351-020-00610-5
- Bampatsou C.and Halkos G. (2019), “Economic growth, efficiency and environmental elasticity for the G7 countries”, Energy Policy, 130, pp. 355-360.
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2019.04.017
- Halkos G.andBampatsou C. (2019), “Economic growth and environmental degradation: a conditional nonparametric frontier analysis”, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Vol. 21 (2), pp. 325-347.
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10018-018-0232-y
- Bampatsou C.Halkos G. (2018), “Dynamics of productivity taking into consideration the impact of energy consumption and environmental degradation”, Energy Policy, 120, pp. 276-283.
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2018.05.039
- Bampatsou C.Halkos G., Kaika D., Zervas E. (2018), “Impact of Technical and Efficiency Changes on Productivity”, International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, Vol. 17, Nos. 2/3, pp. 144-162;
Active Link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJGENVI.2018.10012363
- Zervas E., Politis D. and Bampatsou C.(2017), “Air pollution and birth-related characteristics” European Respiratory Journal 50(suppl 61)
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1183/1393003.congress-2017.PA2649
- Bampatsou C., Halkos G., Dimou A. (2017), “Determining Economic Productivity under Environmental and Resource Pressures: An Empirical Application”, Journal of Economic Structures, 6:12,
- Bampatsou C.and Halkos G. (2017), “Energy and CO2 emissions as the determinants of countries’ productivity with different levels of economic development”, J. Global Energy Issues, Vol. 40 (5), pp. 277-293;
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJGEI.2017.086840
- Papoulis D., Kaika D., Bampatsou C., Zervas E. (2015), “Public perception of climate change in a period of economic crisis”, Climate, 3 (3), pp. 715-726; doi:10.3390/cli3030715.
Active Link: http://www.mdpi.com/2225-1154/3/3/715/pdf
- Bampatsou C., Hadjiconstantinou G., Astara O. H. (2013), “The possibilities for sustainability in the energy sector of the economic systems when the law of entropy makes its appearance”, Archives of Economic History, XXV, No 2, pp. 61-78 (JEL Listed).
Active Link: http://www.archivesofeconomichistory.com/webdata/magaz/090114105540_VolumeXXV_No2_2013.pdf
- Bampatsou C., Papadopoulos S., Zervas E., (2013), “Technical Efficiency of Economic Systems of EU-15 Countries based on Energy Consumption”, Energy Policy, 55, pp. 426-434.
Active Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2012.12.021
- Bampatsou C., Zervas E., (2011), “Critique of the Regulatory Limitations of Exhaust CO2 Emissions from Passenger Cars in European Union”, Energy Policy, 39 Issue 12, pp. 7794-7802.
Active Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301421511007130
- Babatsou C., Zervas, E. (2011). EU Socioeconomic Indicators and Car Market. International Journal of Business, Human and Social Sciences, 5(11), pp. 1331-1336.
Active Link: http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1329404
- Bampatsou C., Hadjiconstantinou G.,(2009), “The use of the DEA method for simultaneous analysis of the interrelationships among economic growth, environmental pollution and energy consumption”, International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research, 2, Issue 2, 65-86.
Active Link: http://ijbesar.teiemt.gr/docs/volume2_issue2/dea.pdf